- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon minced white onion
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 8 Ounces blue cheese (e.g. Maytag or Shafts), crumbled
- 1/3 Cup California natural raisins
- 1/3 Cup California golden raisins
- 1/3 Cup California Zante currants
Gently fold together ingredients until well combined. Adjust seasonings and chill in refrigerator, tightly covered, until needed.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Steak and Blue Cheese Salad.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 140 (Calories from Fat 64%); Total Fat 10 ( Saturated Fat 3.5; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 15; Sodium 260; Potassium 138; Total Carbohydrate 9; Dietary Fiber <1; Sugars 7; Protein 4; Calcium 101; Iron 0;
Try Another Recipe
Vietnamese California Golden Raisin Relish
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.