- 3 Cups California raisins
- 11/4 Cups water
- 4 Cups sugar
- 4 Cups Pumpkin purée
- 2 Cups liquid eggs
- 11/4 Cups vegetable oil
- 53/4 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon cloves
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Powdered Sugar or powdered sugar icing (optional)
1. Process raisins with half of the water until raisins are thoroughly chopped but not puréed.
2. Pour raisin mixture into a mixer bowl; add remaining water, sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil; mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients; mix to blend.
4. Spread evenly in greased pan.
5. Bake in a conventional oven at 350º F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with powdered sugar icing.
7. Cut into 10 rows along the long side of the pan and 8 rows along the short side.
1. If the recipe quantity is increased for preparation in a vertical cutter-mixer (VCM), raisins can be added whole in the first mixing stage.
2. If this recipe is expanded to several pans, use 3-1/2 quarts batter per pan.