- 7 Cups California raisins
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups margarine, softened
- 1 Cup liquid eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 8 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup cocoa
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Pound mini chocolate chips
1. Process raisins and applesauce until a smooth paste is formed.
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine raisin paste with sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
3. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips, stirring just to blend chips evenly throughout the dough.
5. Using a #30 scoop, drop dough onto a parchment-lined pan. Flatten cookies gently using another sheet of parchment.
6. Bake in a conventional oven at 350º F. for 13 to 15 minutes or until set.
Notes: This is a moist, chewy cookie. If you need to stack these cookies for shipment, bake 15 to 17 minutes; this will dry the surface slightly and keep them from sticking to each other. They will retain their moistness inside due to the raisins.
Substitute mini candy-coated chocolate pieces for the chocolate chips, if desired.