In a large salad bowl, mix orange peel, orange juice, vinegar and raisins. Core and thinly slice pears. Combine pears and onion with dressing. Allow to stand to blend flavors and plump raisins for about 20 minutes. Just before serving, add spinach to bowl; toss gently to coat with dressing.
- 1 Teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 1/2 Cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 2 firm ripe pears
- 3/4 Cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed
- 1 Package (10 ounces) prewashed spinach leaves