- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Cups shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 Cup red wine
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 10 juniper berries, tied in a cheesecloth sachet
- 1/2 Cup chopped California raisins
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 4 veal loin chops (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
Place butter and cabbage in a large sautépan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the wine, vinegar, sugar and the sachet; simmer for 15 to 20 or until the cabbage is tender. Stir in raisins and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep hot.
Season both sides of veal chops with salt and pepper and place in a very hot sautépan with canola oil. Sauté chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness.
To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup cabbage in the center of each plate and top each with a veal chop.