- 21/2 Cups onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil*
- 5 Pounds canned chili style beans, undrained
- 11/3 Cups chili sauce
- 51/2 Cups California raisins*
- 21/2 Cups water ( may need 3 cups)
- 1/4 Cup peanut or other nut butter*
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- *On USDA Foods Available List for Schools
Saute onions in oil over medium heat until browned and softened. Cool slightly. Place all ingredients in processor, except water, and begin processing, adding the water to reach desired consistency. Store refrigerated.
**Use Raisiny Mole Sauce for Mole and Chicken Raisin Flatbread recipe or serve over grilled chicken.