For Raisin Filling:
Process raisins with water in blender until smooth. Pour into non-reactive pan; bring to boil. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Cool.
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in mixer bowl.
2. Add oil, water, eggs and vinegar. Mix until blended and dough forms. Divide into 4 equal balls.
3. Roll out, one ball at a time, on surface dusted with quick oats into 12 x 18-inch rectangle. Line bottom of 12 x 18-inch pan. Repeat.
4. Spread 1/2 filling on top of each pan. Roll out and cover with another sheet of pastry. Press edges to seal. Score each pan 3 X 6 into 18 servings. Poke holes in top of each square. Bake 12 to 18 minutes at 400°F.
- 11/4 Quarts Raisin Filing (above)
- 11/2 Quarts California raisins
- 3 Cups water
- 21/2 Quarts all-purpose flour
- 21/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 13/4 Cups water
- 8 whole eggs
- 11/2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 21/2 Cups quick-cooking oats