- 41/2 Cups long grain white rice
- 5 Cups water
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Quarts lowfat milk
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 4 Cups California raisins
1. Place rice and water in a 12 x 20 x 2 1/2-inch steamtable pan. Cover with foil or metal lid and bake or steam in Conventional oven -350°F for 35 minutes or Convection oven – 325°F for 25 minutes or Steamer – 20 minutes, until tender.
2. Set aside to cool at least 1 hour.
3. Mix sugar, milk, orange rind, cinnamon, vanilla and raisins in large mixing bowl. Pour over cooled rice and recover pan with foil or metal lid.
4. Bake until set in Conventional oven – 375°F for 55 minutes or Convection oven – 350°F for 45 minutes.
5. Serve hot or cool.