- 11/2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Puffed Brown Rice Cereal
- 3/4 Cup California Raisins
- 3 Tablespoons Cocount Oil (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Sun Butter* (sunflower seed butter)
- 1/4 Cup 100% Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Place all ingredients into the base of a food processor and pulse until a sticky mixture forms. It should easily form into a ball when pressed together. If the mixture is too wet, add in more oats or cereal. If it’s too dry add in more seed butter.
Scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue with the rest of the batter. Store in the refrigerator and use within 1 week.
*Most brands of sunflower seed butter are salted. If you find an unsalted version, add a 1/4 teaspoon salt to these bites.
Thanks to Alexandra Caspero, MA, RD, RYT for contributions to this recipe.
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin Frozen Orange Banana Pops
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are great food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- by James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.