- 1 Cup California raisins
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Honey-Raisin Syrup*
- Salt; to taste
- 1 fresh ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper; peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 1 head butter lettuce, cut into quarters
- 1 package mixed greens
- 20 stems of watercress, leaves only
Just before serving, combine raisins with vinegar in large mixing bowl; set aside until raisins are plumped. Then, add black pepper, cumin, olive oil and Honey-Raisin Syrup*; season with salt, to taste, and mix thoroughly. Add tomato, bell pepper and onion; toss gently to coat well.
To serve, arrange lettuce and mixed greens on serving platter; top with watercress. Then, spoon vegetables on top; pour any dressing remaining in bowl over all. Serve at room temperature.
Note: For Honey-Raisin Syrup, combine 1 part rose honey with 4 parts California Raisin Juice Concentrate; mix well.