- 1 Pound French bread, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Cup sliced banans (about 2 bananas)
- 6 Ounces bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice and cooked crisp
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 5 eggs
- 2 Cups half and half
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup melted butter
- 1 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pure maple syrup, as needed for service
In very large mixing bowl combine bread cubes, cream cheese cubes, banana slices, cooked bacon pieces, and golden raisins; mix together well. Spread evenly in 9×13-inch nonreactive baking pan. In same mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, sugar, butter and 1/4 cup maple syrup to combine well. Pour over bread mixture in pan, pressing bread mxiture into egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F (300°F for convection oven). Remove plastic wrap and srpinkle top of bread mixture with cinnamon. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes; then, uncover and bake 45 minutes more, until lightly browned and set. Remvoe from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Cut 3X4 into 12 squares and serve warm with warm syrup to pour on top.