- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/3 Cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 red jalapeño chili pepper, very thinly sliced (optional)
Whisk to combine first 5 dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- 2 large navel oranges
- 2 ripe, but still firm avocados
- 1 Pound jícama
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 1/2 Cup chopped cilantro
With a sharp paring knife, peel the oranges and remove the white layer of pith. Cut oranges into 1/4-inch rounds. Halve the avocados and remove the seed. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop out the avocado halves and cut into thin, uniform slices. Arrange the avocado and orange slices, overlapping, around each of 6 salad plates. Drizzle with a little of the dressing. Peel the jícama and cut it into 1/8-inch slices, then cut the slices into 1/8-inch matchsticks. Toss the jicama with the raisins, cilantro and remaining dressing. Mound the mixture in the center of each salad.