- 1 Cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 Cup spoon-size shredded wheat cereal
- 1 Cup walnuts
- 11/2 Cups California raisins
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Place oats, shredded wheat, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and salt in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade; pulse until mixture resembles dried peas or lentils; set aside. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey and vanilla until well blended. Add oat mixture and chocolate chips; stir to combine. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
Bake at 350°F for about 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan before cutting 3 X 4 into twelve bars.