- 5 Cups cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 2 stalks celery (and tops), diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/2 Cup California golden raisins
- 3 limes, juiced
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar (to taste)
- 1/3 Cup olive oil (to taste)
- 2 large cloves garlic, mashed
- Tobasco (to taste)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Mix the lime juice, rice vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, soy sauce, sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a blender until smooth; adjust seasonings, add more olive oil or lime juice to taste. Toss the dessing with the cabbage and all remining ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.
May be used as a salad, a side dish served with sliced beef, chicken, lamb or turkey, or as a topping for tacos, burritos and quesadillas.
Recipe by Christine Vartanian Datian, former Fresnan and CSUF graduate.
Try Another Recipe
Monster Mash Raisin Granola Squares
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
5. A ¼ cup serving of raisins provides 6% of the daily value for potassium.