- 1/2 Cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper; to taste
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 Cup California golden raisins
Measure pomegranate juice into saucepan. Heat and simmer over medium-high heat until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Cool completely. Turn into blender. Add honey, mustard, shallot, salt, pepper and raisins. Pulse to mix well. With blender running, add oil in a slow steady stream.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Golden Raisin Salad with Herb Crusted Chicken Breast.