- 1/2 Cup fresh orange juice
- Pinch of kosher salt; to taste
- 1/4 Cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon toasted, ground cumin; to taste
- 1 Teaspoon toasted, ground black pepper; to taste
- 3/4 Cup loosely packed California raisins
Pour orange juice into a small, heavy saucepan. Set over medium heat and reduce by half to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; turn into medium bowl and whisk together with salt and vinegar. Continue whisking and add olive oil, cumin and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Measure raisins into a small bowl and add vinaigrette to cover.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Cuban Bread Salad.