- Peel, core and chop apples into 1″ chunks.
- Cut oranges into 1″ chunks and remove seeds.
- Combine apples, oranges, raisins and raisin paste and run through a food grinder with a medium-fine blade attachment (or food processor, one fruit at a time, pulsing to desired consistency).
- Mix in cardamom, salt and vanilla.
- Cut butter into 1″ cubes and chill well. Briefly mix flours, sugar and salt in a spiral mixer.
- Add butter and mix on low for 2 minutes until butter has broken into pea-sized pieces
- Add chilled water, lemon juice and applesauce. Mix until shaggy, press together and flatten into a rectangle.
- Chill for one hour, roll out and fold, repeating several times until dough becomes cohesive and can be rolled to 1/4″.
- Chill again and cut into rectangles 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″.
- Egg wash and top with 20 g of filling, lay a second dough on top, use a fork to seal edges and dock to vent while baking.
- Egg wash and bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before decorating.
- Pour coconut sugar, raisin juice concentrate and water into a planetary mixer fitted with a whisk and whip until smooth and light.
- Pipe or drizzle on cooled tarts and decorate with sprinkles or candied orange zest.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Gluten Free Brownie with Raisins
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Did you know raisins are naturally low in sodium?