- One day in advance, macerate raisins in Orange juice with zest* (do not drain excess).
- Mix butter, raisin juice concentrate and sugar in a planetary mixer fitted with a paddle, on medium for 5 min until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs two at a time, whipping until smooth between each addition, add vanilla and mix until dispersed.
- Sift together flours, cocoa powder and other dry ingredients.
- Add to mixing bowl on lowest speed until nearly incorporated.
- Add juice and raisins and mix until consistent.
- Scoop 50 g each into scalloped paper molds, or 2 kg per 1/2 sheet, greased, with parchment.
- Bake at 325˚F on low convection for 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- Bring cream to a simmer, pull off heat and pour over chocolate, let sit for 5 minutes and whisk gently until shiny and smooth.
- Pour into a piping bag with a plain tip and top each cooled brownie with a pillow of ganache.
- Dot with golden raisins if desired.
* For variation, consider accenting with a dash of balsamic vinegar, crème de cassis or vin santo.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin Squares
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Did you know raisins are a source of concentrated nutrients?