- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 1/2 Cup 2% milk
- 1/2 Cup lowfat strawberry-flavored yogurt
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Purée raisins, milk and yogurt in blender or food processor. Add banana and vanilla; process until smooth.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 230 (Calories from Fat 10%); Total Fat 2.5 ( Saturated Fat 1.5; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 10; Sodium 80; Potassium 662; Total Carbohydrate 45; Dietary Fiber 3; Sugars 41; Protein 7; Calcium 202; Iron 1;
Try Another Recipe
Turkey-Raisin Picadillo Sliders
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.