- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 11/2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 11/2 Cups California raisins, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 Cup heart healthy spread*, softened
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 Cups brown sugar
- 3 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1 Quart light vanilla ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Measure flour, cinnamon, salt, soda, ginger and cloves into large mixing bowl; mix well and set aside. Combine 3/4 cup raisins and hot water in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add spread, eggs and brown sugar; process till light. Turn into flour mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and remaining raisins just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets to make 32 cookies and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
Spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream onto each of 16 cookies and top with remaining cookies. Wrap individual sandwiches in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
Note: Such as Smart Balance® or Earth Balance®