Watch video CAULIFLOWER WITH TRIBAL SALT & CALIFORNIA RAISINS here
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 11/2 Teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 Quarts vegetable oil; for frying
- 2 Cups (about 8 ounces) cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 Cup California natural raisins
- 3 rings cut from red Fresno chile
- 16 curry leaves
- Tribal Salt, to taste
In large bowl, stir curry powder, turmeric, cumin and white pepper together with 1 cup oil to mix well. Divide cauliflower into individual florets; add to bowl and toss to coat well. Let stand for at least 2 hours.
Heat oil for frying to 350°F. Drain cauliflower florets and dredge in cornstarch along with raisins and chile rings. Arrange in basket and fry at 350°F until golden brown, adding curry leaves just before done. Drain well and season to taste with Tribal Salt.
1. For 1/2 cup Tribal Salt, combine 1/2 cup kosher salt with 1/2 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns, toasted and crushed, and 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder. Will keep in cool, dry place for up to a month.
2. Nutrition per serving does not include oil for frying.