Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
Combine next 8 ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer, stirring to combine and dissolve sugar. Fold into dry imxture and mix so all ingredients are coated. Spread evenly on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake a 250°F for approximately 30 minutes making sure to stir ingredients until golden brown. Remove; cool; and crumble. Reserve.
Combine sugar, hazelnut syrup and heavy cream in a chilled bowl and whip till peaks hold.
In a glass bowl, start with a layer of granola, layer of fruit, then a layer of cream until bowl is full ending with top layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle with granola and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Chef’s Notes: Combine the strawberries and blueberries together for a layer.
Also, ensure that all fruit is prepped and chilled and granola is prepared and ready to go before assembling.
Whipping the cream should be last minute along with assembly.
You can substitute other fresh fruits and change the number of layers depending on the amount of fruit and size of bowl.
- 1/2 Cup bran
- 11/2 Cups rolled oats
- 1 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 1 Cup California natural raisins
- 1/4 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts
- 1/4 Cup unsalted cashews
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 Cup honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Pint heavy cream
- 1 Teaspoon hazelnut syrup
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
Seasonal Fruit and Berries
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
- 8 fresh figs, stems removed and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 papayas; skin and seeds removed, diced medium
- 11/2 Cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 Pint strawberries, stemmed and cut into quarters
- 1/2 Pint blueberries
- 1/2 Pint raspberries