- 8 Cups California raisins
- 1/4 Cup water
- 6 Cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Cups brown sugar
- 11/2 Cups ketchup
- 11/2 Cups reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
1. Process raisins with water until smooth paste is formed.
2. In large kettle, combine the raisin paste with chicken broth; stir until the paste is dissolved with no lumps.
3. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
4. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until mixture thickens to consistency of a barbecue or sweet-sour sauce.
Notes: Use this recipe for any of the following: dipping sauce for chicken nuggets (pictured here), eggrolls, stir fry sauce, mixed with mayonnaise for an Oriental salad dressing, basting sauce for chicken breasts, marinade for chicken breasts, or mixed with chicken, rice and thin-sliced vegetables in a wrap.