- 61/4 Pounds whole wheat bread, cubed
- Butter flavor cooking spray, as needed
- 2 No. 10 cans sliced mushrooms, drained (about 24 cups)
- 31/2 Pounds California raisins
- 4 Pounds fat-free shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 31/2 Quarts pasteurized whole eggs
- 1 Gallon plus 2-1/4 quarts 2% milk
- 36 (about 4 cups) chopped green chilies, drained
- 20 (about 2 cups) diced pimiento, drained
Arrange about 6 ounces bread cubes in bottom of each of eight 12 3/4×10 3/8×2 1/2-inch half-hotel pans, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Spread 3 cups of mushrooms and 7 ounces of raisins in each pan, and sprinkle each pan with about 6 ounces of cheese. Then, divide and spread about 6 ounces of remaining bread cubes on top of each pan; spray lightly with cooking spray.
Measure eggs, milk, green chilies and pimiento into large bowl; mix together well. Divide and pour about 5-3/4 cups of mixture evenly over each pan. Sprinkle about 4 ounces of remaining cheese evenly over each pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
To serve, preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover stratas, and bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until sharp knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand several minutes. Cut each pan 3 X 4 into 12 servings each (Total 96 servings). Serve with salsa, if desired.