Vegetarian Fiesta Brunch Strata
Makes a hearty brunch entrée.
- Cook Time : 55 min
- Ready Time : 55 min
- Serving Size: 8.5 ounces
- 6 1/4 pounds whole wheat bread, cubed
- Butter flavor cooking spray, as needed
- 2 No. 10 cans sliced mushrooms, drained (about 24 cups)
- 3 1/2 pounds California raisins
- 4 pounds fat-free shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 1/2 quarts pasteurized whole eggs
- 1 gallon plus 2-1/4 quarts 2% milk
- 36 fluid ounce (about 4 cups) chopped green chilies, drained
- 20 fluid ounce (about 2 cups) diced pimiento, drained
Arrange about 6 ounces bread cubes in bottom of each of eight 12 3/4×10 3/8×2 1/2-inch half-hotel pans, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Spread 3 cups of mushrooms and 7 ounces of raisins in each pan, and sprinkle each pan with about 6 ounces of cheese. Then, divide and spread about 6 ounces of remaining bread cubes on top of each pan; spray lightly with cooking spray.
Measure eggs, milk, green chilies and pimiento into large bowl; mix together well. Divide and pour about 5-3/4 cups of mixture evenly over each pan. Sprinkle about 4 ounces of remaining cheese evenly over each pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
To serve, preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover stratas, and bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until sharp knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand several minutes. Cut each pan 3 X 4 into 12 servings each (Total 96 servings). Serve with salsa, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 260 (22% from fat); Total Fat 6g (sat 2g, mono 2g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 165mg; Protein 18g; Carbohydrate 35g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 590mg; Calcium 286mg; Potassium 387mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.