Uptown Chicken Salad
Submitted by: Roy Harland
Excellent as a sandwich filling or make-ahead topping for canapes, too.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup California raisins, plumped and drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
Combine first 9 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve scoopfuls on lettuce leaves.
Chef Note: May be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 390 (54% from fat); Total Fat 23g (sat 6g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 22g; Carbohydrate 23g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 280mg; Calcium 40mg; Potassium 415mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.