Updated Iceberg Salad
The crunch of iceberg lettuce in a bold flavor combination.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese, e.g., Stilton or Gorgonzola
- 1/2 tablespoon minced chives
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 strips crisp bacon
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup California raisins
In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire, vinegar, blue cheese and chives.
Cut heads of lettuce in half; remove and discard cores. Remove a few inner leaves from each half-head to form a shallow bowl. Arrange each half on individual salad plates.
Toss remaining salad ingredients together with dressing; divide and spoon the mixture into lettuce leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 230 (53% from fat); Total Fat 14g (sat 4.5g, mono 4g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 120mg; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 20g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 250mg; Calcium 97mg; Potassium 464mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.