In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire, vinegar, blue cheese and chives.
Cut heads of lettuce in half; remove and discard cores. Remove a few inner leaves from each half-head to form a shallow bowl. Arrange each half on individual salad plates.
Toss remaining salad ingredients together with dressing; divide and spoon the mixture into lettuce leaves. Serve immediately.
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Ounce crumbled blue cheese, e.g., Stilton or Gorgonzola
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced chives
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 strips crisp bacon
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 Cup California raisins