Tropical Fruit Salsa with California Raisins
Easy and quick to make, this salsa transforms the simplest entrées.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 fresh mango; peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or use more strawberries)
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup green onions; green and white parts, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced very fine (discard seeds for less heat)
- 12 medium fresh mint leaves, sliced in very thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup California raisins
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Prepare and measure ingredients except lime juice, honey and raisins into large mixing bowl; set aside.
In medium saucepan over low heat, bring lime juice and honey to a simmer. Add raisins, cover and remove from heat. Allow raisins to plump for 5 minutes. Cool. Add raisins and juices to bowl and mix gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 50 (3% from fat); Total Fat 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 13g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 11g; ); Iron <1mg; Sodium 0mg; Calcium 12mg; Potassium 140mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.