- 4 lamb sirloins, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Remove lamb from marinade and pat it dry with a towel; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large saute pan; sear lamb on all sides. Place pan in oven to finish cooking lamb, about 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare. Remove pan from oven and place meat on a rack to rest.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 11/2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon harissa
In a large container, combine all marinade ingredients. Add lamb and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
Spicy Eggplant and Golden Raisin Relish
- 6 Tablespoons (3 ounces) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggplants, peeled and diced
- 2 small white onions, peeled and cut into small dice
- 4 stalk celery, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup tomato purée
- 4 roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili-garlic paste
- 1 Cup California golden raisins, plumped
In a heavy-bottomed sautépan, heat a little of oil until it starts to smoke. Without overcrowding pan, add eggplant and cook until it is caramelized; set aside.
In a heavy rondeau or frypan sauté onion and celery until softened; add tomato paste and sauté 1 minute more. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until mixture is a thick, relish-like consistency. Set relish aside and keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 large, roasted tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 Cup garlic confit (garlic cooked in oil until soft)
- 2 Cups lamb stock
- 2 Cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper; to taste
Combine all ingredients in roasting pan. Cook until potatoes are cooked through and liquid is reduced and thickened. Thin, if necessary, using water or additional stock. Keep potatoes warm until ready to serve.
Spoon a portion of potatoes onto each plate. Slice lamb and place over potatoes, spooning some of liquid from potatoes around plate and on meat. Top meat with a spoonful of eggplant-raisin relish and serve.