- Serving Size: (desserts)
- 3 quarts reconstituted nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 quarts cooked white rice
- 2 cups California raisins
1. In large kettle, combine milk, cornstarch, sugar, salt, eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir until smooth.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 20 to 30 minutes until mixture begins to thicken and reaches 160°F. Immediately turn off heat.
3. Stir in vanilla, rice and raisins.
4. Pour rice mixture into serving pans. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent film from forming.
5. Serve hot or cool to 70°F within 2 hours and 41°F within 4 hours. Store at 6. Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon. Serve with No.12 scoop (1/3 cup).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 110 (7% from fat); Total Fat 1g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 30mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 22g; (Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars 13g; ); Iron <1mg; Sodium 90mg; Calcium 76mg; Potassium 153mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.