- 1 Pound red snapper fillets, skin on and bones removed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1/3 poblano pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and sliced thin
- 13/4 Cups (1-1/2 pounds) canned, crushed tomatoes in juice
- 1 Tablespoon green olives, sliced
- 2 Teaspoons capers
- 1/2 Cup California golden raisins
- 2/3 Cup fish stock or bottled clam juice
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking dish with parchment and arrange fillets side by side. Sprinkle fish fillets with lime juice and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
In a heavy sautépan, heat oil and sauté onions until translucent. Add poblano pepper and cook until soft. Stir in garlic and chile; cook about 30 seconds more. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, raisins and fish stock; heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste; divide and pour into individual casseroles. Arrange fillets, skin side down, on top. Bake at 350°F until done, about 12 minutes (145°F). Serve immediately.
Note: Serve with 2 corn tortilla ( 2 carb choices) and a green salad for a complete meal.