Raisin-Orange Salad with Spring Greens
The last of the winter oranges join the spring greens and raisins with a touch of curry.
- 1 package (10 ounces) prewashed salad mix containing mixed spring greens, e.g. mizuna, tatsoi, arugula etc.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Arrange greens in a salad bowl. Peel orange, removing all the white membrane. Slice crosswise and remove any seeds. Add to bowl, along with raisins and celery.
In a small bowl or jar with tight fitting lid, stir together lemon juice, vinegar, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add olive oil and stir or shake vigorously until blended. Pour over the salad. Toss well and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 260 (61% from fat); Total Fat 18g (sat 2.5g, mono 14g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 23g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 18g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 40mg; Calcium 75mg; Potassium 523mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.