Raisin Cinna Twists
- Serving Size: (1 grains/breads + 1/4 cup fruit)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups California raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1. In mixer bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water (110°F – 115°F). Sprinkle yeast over; stir in 1 1/2 cups raisins. Let stand until thin layer of foam covers surface, about 5 minutes.
2. Beat in salt and oil. Add flours, alternately, until stiff dough forms. Change to dough hook and knead until smooth and silky, adding flour as needed.
3. Cover and allow to rise until double in bulk. Punch down and divide into six 8-ounce balls. Wrap securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
4. Roll out one ball at a time. Divide 1 1/4 cups raisins and sprinkle over 3 sheets.
5. Combine cinnamon with sugar and sprinkle over all. Top each with second sheet.
6. Cut each stack into 8 strips. Fasten ends together securely and twist.
7. Brush with oil and roll in cinnamon sugar.
8. Arrange on oiled baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
9. Bake at 450°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 220 (15% from fat); Total Fat 4g (sat 0.5g, mono 2g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 44g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 23g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 120mg; Calcium 17mg; Potassium 211mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.