Raisin Breakfast Pastry
- Serving Size: (2 grains/breads)
- 1 1/4 quarts Raisin Filing (above)
- 1 1/2 quarts California raisins
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 quarts all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
For Raisin Filling:
Process raisins with water in blender until smooth. Pour into non-reactive pan; bring to boil. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Cool.
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in mixer bowl.
2. Add oil, water, eggs and vinegar. Mix until blended and dough forms. Divide into 4 equal balls.
3. Roll out, one ball at a time, on surface dusted with quick oats into 12 x 18-inch rectangle. Line bottom of 12 x 18-inch pan. Repeat.
4. Spread 1/2 filling on top of each pan. Roll out and cover with another sheet of pastry. Press edges to seal. Score each pan 3 X 6 into 18 servings. Poke holes in top of each square. Bake 12 to 18 minutes at 400°F.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 320 (16% from fat); Total Fat 6g (sat 0.5g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 10mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 63g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 31g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 160mg; Calcium 22mg; Potassium 242mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.