- 1 Cup organic rolled oats
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 Cup fructose granules*
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 4 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- 11/4 Cups Granny Smith apples; peeled, cored and chopped small
- 21/4 Cups California raisins, plumped in warm water
- 11/4 Cups very hot water
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
Mix dry ingredients all together in large mixing bowl. Stir in walnuts, apple and drained raisins; mix well and set aside. Combine very hot water, syrup and oil in small bowl; mix well. Make well in center of dry ingredients and add liquids. Quickly, but gently, mix just until flour is moistened. Fill prepared muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full and bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack or serve piping hot.
Note: Fructose granules may be found at supermarkets or heath food stores.