- Twelve (12) hours before mixing, macerate raisins in rum, fruit juice or water (75°F) just to cover; let stand 12 hours. (Desired final macerated weight is approximately 72% raisins and 28% liquid.)
- Cream butter, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl, using a paddle attachment, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, creaming well after each addition.
- Stir in pumpkin purée and mix lightly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flours, spices and baking soda. Add slowly to creamed mixture and mix until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Drain raisins well and scale out to desired final weight. Fold walnuts and raisins into dough; mix together.
- Portion 3.9 ounces (110 grams) of batter into each greased or paper-lined muffin cup.
- Bake at 325˚F for about 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin and Chocolate Chunk Muffins
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are all natural!