- 4 Cups California raisins
- 3 Cups unsweetened applesauce
- 13/4 Cups liquid eggs
- 11/3 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 Cups quick oats
- 41/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Powdered Sugar Icing or powdered sugar (optional)
1. Process raisins with 1/4 cup applesauce until raisins are thoroughly chopped but not puréed.
2. In mixing bowl, combine raisin mixture, remaining applesauce, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla; mix well.
3. Add remaining ingredients; mix well but do not overmix.
4. Spread evenly in greased pan.
5. Bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
6. Drizzle with a powdered sugar icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
7. Cut into 10 rows along the long side of the pan and 8 rows along the short side.
Note: Additional whole raisins may be added to the batter at the second mixing stage, if desired. Or, if expanding this recipe to fill several pans and using a vertical cutter mixer (VCM), raisins can be added whole in the first mixing stage.