Oatmeal Applesauce Bars
- 4 cups California raisins
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 3/4 cups liquid eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups quick oats
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Powdered Sugar Icing or powdered sugar (optional)
1. Process raisins with 1/4 cup applesauce until raisins are thoroughly chopped but not puréed.
2. In mixing bowl, combine raisin mixture, remaining applesauce, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla; mix well.
3. Add remaining ingredients; mix well but do not overmix.
4. Spread evenly in greased pan.
5. Bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
6. Drizzle with a powdered sugar icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
7. Cut into 10 rows along the long side of the pan and 8 rows along the short side.
Note: Additional whole raisins may be added to the batter at the second mixing stage, if desired. Or, if expanding this recipe to fill several pans and using a vertical cutter mixer (VCM), raisins can be added whole in the first mixing stage.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 100 (27% from fat); Total Fat 3.5g (sat 0g, mono 2g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 24mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 21g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 6g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 119mg; Calcium 11mg; Potassium 114mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.