In food processor, combine raisins and water. Process 15 seconds, or until raisins are chopped. Turn into nonreactive saucepan. Add granulated sugar and bring to boil. Add orange juice and simmer. Set aside.
In medium bowl, thoroughly mix together flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine butter, oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Add pumpkin, nuts and flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
With lightly greased hands, divide dough and form into 3/4-inch balls. Place balls on greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. With thumb, press down center of each ball to make a deep well. Fill each well with about 1/2 teaspoon filling. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are light golden brown. Let cookies cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack.
In small bowl, stir sifted powdered sugar and orange juice together until smooth. Drizzle on warm cookies.
California Raisin Filling
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 10 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 31/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1 Cup chopped nuts
- 1 Cup sifted powdered sugar
- 11/2 Teaspoons orange juice