- Serving Size: (grains/breads)
- 6 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk*
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups California raisins
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Heat water till hot. Add raisins. Set aside to cool.
2. Blend flour, dry milk, baking powder, sugar and salt in mixer bowl.
3. Stir eggs together with raisins. Then, add slowly to dry ingredients with mixer on low speed; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened, 15 to 20 seconds.
4. Then, add oil slowly, mixing on low speed approximately 40 seconds. DO NOT OVERMIX. Batter will be lumpy.
5. Spread in lightly oiled steamtable pan (12 x 20 x 2 1/2-inch).
6. Bake until lightly browned in Conventional oven – 425°F for 25 minutes or Convection oven – 350°F for 15 minutes. Cut 5 X 10 (50 portions).
1. Substitute 1 3/4 ounces (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) noninstant nonfat dry milk for instant dry milk, if desired.
2. Substitute 1 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) dried whole eggs and 1/2 cup of the water for shell eggs, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 120 (27% from fat); Total Fat 3.5g (sat 0g, mono 2g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 16mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 16g; (Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars 7g; ); Iron 0mg; Sodium 197mg; Calcium 34mg; Potassium 93mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.