For vinaigrette, combine ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
For salad, blanch parsnip and carrot in boiling water for 1 minute or until tender; remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add lentils to same pot; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in raisins; let stand just long enough to plump. Drain all in a colander. Cool. Turn into bowl along with celery, onions and parsley; stir in vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Arrange salad mix on platter or divide onto individual sering plates. Mound marinated vegetables on top.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sugar and freshly ground pepper; to taste
- 2 Tablespoons shredded fresh parsnip
- 2 Tablespoons shredded fresh carrot
- 11/4 Cups boiling water
- 1/2 Cup dried lentils
- 11/4 Cups California raisins
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 11/3 Tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 11/2 Ounces prepared salad mix with red and green leaf lettuce, purple and white salad savoy