Marinated Lentil Salad
A melange of vegetables, lentils and raisins with vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sugar and freshly ground pepper; to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh parsnip
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh carrot
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1 1/4 cups California raisins
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 ounce prepared salad mix with red and green leaf lettuce, purple and white salad savoy
For vinaigrette, combine ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
For salad, blanch parsnip and carrot in boiling water for 1 minute or until tender; remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add lentils to same pot; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in raisins; let stand just long enough to plump. Drain all in a colander. Cool. Turn into bowl along with celery, onions and parsley; stir in vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Arrange salad mix on platter or divide onto individual sering plates. Mound marinated vegetables on top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 150 (16% from fat); Total Fat 2.5g (sat 0g, mono 2g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 27g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 60mg; Calcium 25mg; Potassium 393mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.