- 41/2 Cups rolled oats
- 11/2 Cups peanut granules
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup apple juice
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup honey
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 11/2 Cups California raisins
1. Combine rolled oats and peanut granules in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix brown sugar, apple juice, oil, honey, salt, cinnamon and vanilla in stockpot. Heat and stir till sugar dissolves. Heat on medium for 4 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
3. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and peanuts tossing to coat evenly.
4. Spread mixture on 18 x 26 x 1-inch sheet pan. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, in Conventional oven – 250°F for 1 hour 15 minutes or Convection oven – 200°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Cool and mix in raisins.
1. Granola will keep well if stored in a tightly covered container in a cool place.
2. Great served over puddings, yogurt or ice cream.