- Serving Size: (1/4 cup grains/breads)
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups peanut granules
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
1. Combine rolled oats and peanut granules in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix brown sugar, apple juice, oil, honey, salt, cinnamon and vanilla in stockpot. Heat and stir till sugar dissolves. Heat on medium for 4 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
3. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and peanuts tossing to coat evenly.
4. Spread mixture on 18 x 26 x 1-inch sheet pan. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, in Conventional oven – 250°F for 1 hour 15 minutes or Convection oven – 200°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Cool and mix in raisins.
1. Granola will keep well if stored in a tightly covered container in a cool place.
2. Great served over puddings, yogurt or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 120 (27% from fat); Total Fat 3.5g (sat 0g, mono 2g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 20g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 13g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 50mg; Calcium 16mg; Potassium 115mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.