Gluten-Free Pocket Tart
|Metric/g||Bakers %||Metric/g||Bakers %||Metric/g||Bakers %|
|Sweet Rice Flour, Fine||1.846||30.00|
|Golden Raisin Paste||0.120||12.00|
|Raisin Juice Concentrate||0.008||10.00|
- Peel, core and chop apples into 1″ chunks.
- Cut oranges into 1″ chunks and remove seeds.
- Combine apples, oranges, raisins and raisin paste and run through a food grinder with a medium-fine blade attachment (or food processor, one fruit at a time, pulsing to desired consistency).
- Mix in cardamom, salt and vanilla.
- Cut butter into 1″ cubes and chill well. Briefly mix flours, sugar and salt in a spiral mixer.
- Add butter and mix on low for 2 minutes until butter has broken into pea-sized pieces
- Add chilled water, lemon juice and applesauce. Mix until shaggy, press together and flatten into a rectangle.
- Chill for one hour, roll out and fold, repeating several times until dough becomes cohesive and can be rolled to 1/4″.
- Chill again and cut into rectangles 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″.
- Egg wash and top with 20 g of filling, lay a second dough on top, use a fork to seal edges and dock to vent while baking.
- Egg wash and bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before decorating.
- Pour coconut sugar, raisin juice concentrate and water into a planetary mixer fitted with a whisk and whip until smooth and light.
- Pipe or drizzle on cooled tarts and decorate with sprinkles or candied orange zest.
(No Ratings Yet)
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.