- 2 Cups finely crushed chocolate cookies
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 Cup California raisins
- 11/2 Cups Powdered sugar
- 1 jar (9 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 Cups white vanilla chips
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Assorted decorator gel icings, e.g. red, green and black
In a large bowl, combine crumbs, walnuts, raisins and powdered sugar; mix well. Drain cherries, reserving liquid. Cut cherries in half and set aside. Measure 1/3 cup cherry liquid and add with syrup to dry mixture; mix well to form a stiff dough. Shape into 1-inch balls with a cherry half in center of each. Place on waxed paper. Refrigerate 1 hour to set.
In small, microwave-safe bowl, combine chips and oil. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until melted, stirring once. Dip balls into melted chips; set aside on waxed paper until set. Decorate with icings to look like blood-shot eyes, or as desired.