Great party pleasers for Halloween or serve as a tasty snack, anytime.
- Prep Time : 40 min
- Ready Time : 40 min
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 jar (9 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups white vanilla chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Assorted decorator gel icings, e.g. red, green and black
In a large bowl, combine crumbs, walnuts, raisins and powdered sugar; mix well. Drain cherries, reserving liquid. Cut cherries in half and set aside. Measure 1/3 cup cherry liquid and add with syrup to dry mixture; mix well to form a stiff dough. Shape into 1-inch balls with a cherry half in center of each. Place on waxed paper. Refrigerate 1 hour to set.
In small, microwave-safe bowl, combine chips and oil. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until melted, stirring once. Dip balls into melted chips; set aside on waxed paper until set. Decorate with icings to look like blood-shot eyes, or as desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 130 (35% from fat); Total Fat 5g (sat 2.5g, mono 1g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 20g; (Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars 14g; ); Iron 0mg; Sodium 90mg; Calcium 29mg; Potassium 90mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.