Egg Salad with California Raisins and Chile-Lime Dressing
Fried eggs, zesty dressing, and California raisins; a uniquely fabulous salad.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Thai chile
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 stalk celery, sliced crosswise, diagonally
- 2 rings sliced from red-ripe Fresno chile
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup julienne carrots
- 10 fresh Thai basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup California golden raisins, plumped
- 1/4 cup California natural raisins, plumped
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
Measure ingredients into blender and purée; set aside.
To assemble, combine salad ingredients all in a bowl; set aside. Heat oil in sautépan over medium heat and fry eggs, seperately, until golden brown. Turn and cook until yolks are cooked through. Place each fried egg on cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces; arrange on individual salad plate. Toss salad with dressing; divide and spoon on top of egg. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 280 (49% from fat); Total Fat 15g (sat 2g, mono 8g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 215mg; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 29g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 780mg; Calcium 56mg; Potassium 410mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.