Cocoa Swirl Cake
- 8 cups California raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 2/3 cups cocoa
- 2 cups margarine, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 16 cups Biscuit Mix
- 5 1/3 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups pasteurized eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- Powdered Sugar Icing (optional)
1. Process raisins with applesauce until a paste is formed.
2. Combine raisin paste and remaining Cocoa Swirl ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
3. In mixer bowl, combine ingredients; mix well. Do not overmix; a few small lumps in the batter are acceptable.
4. Pour batter into greased pan.
5. Drop swirl mixture onto batter by spoonfuls. Cut through the batter with a spatula.
6. Bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool.
7. Drizzle with powdered sugar icing.
8. Cut into 10 rows along the long side of the pan and 8 rows along the short side.
Notes: If using a 5-lb. box of biscuit mix, reduce milk by 1/3 cup. When using the toothpick method to determine doneness, be careful to insert it only into the cake, not the swirl. The swirl will remain moist.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 240 (25% from fat); Total Fat 11g (sat 2g, mono 5g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 25mg; Protein 7g; Carbohydrate 40g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 360mg; Calcium 51mg; Potassium 234mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.