- Serving Size: (2 grains/breads)
- 1/3 cup active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110°F)
- 13 cups all purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 1/3 cups instant nonfat dry milk*
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups California raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted (optional)
1. Dissolve dry yeast in 1 1/2 cups warm water. Let stand for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Place flour, dry milk, 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in mixer bowl. Using dough hook, blend on low speed for about 2 minutes.
3. Add oil and blend on low speed 1 minute.
4. Add 2 1/2 cups water. Mix on low speed 1 minute.
5. Stir in dissolved yeast and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
6. Knead on medium speed, 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
7. Cover and place in warm area (about 90°F) for 45 to 60 minutes.
8. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 2 balls.
9. Roll each ball of dough into rectangle 25 x 10 x 1/4-inch thick. Lightly brush each rectangle with oil.
10. Combine 1/4 cup cinnamon and 3/4 cup sugar; mix well. Sprinkle approximately 1/2 cup Cinnamon-Sugar mixture over each rectangle.
11. Sprinkle 1 cup raisins on top of each rectangle.
12. Roll each rectangle from long side to form a long slender roll. Cut each roll into 25 uniform pieces about 1-inch thick (50 pieces total).
13. Arrange on lightly oiled sheet pan (18 x 26 x 1-inch) in rows 10 X 5.
14. Place in warm area (about 90°F) until double in size, 30 to 50 minutes. Bake until lightly browned in Conventional oven – 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or Convection oven – 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes.
15. May be brushed lightly with melted butter or margarine while warm for a softer crust.
1. To use high-activity (instant) yeast, follow directions below or manufacturer’s instructions. Omit Step 1. In Step 2, add 1/4 cup high-activity (instant) yeast. Continue Step 3. In Step 4, add 1 quart water (110°F). Omit Step 5. In Step 6, knead for 10 minutes. Continue as directed.
2. Substitute 6 1/2 ounces (2/3 cup) noninstant nonfat dry milk for instant dry milk, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 200 (15% from fat); Total Fat 3.5g (sat 1g, mono 1.5g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 37g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 12g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 340mg; Calcium 44mg; Potassium 140mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.