Chinese Cured Pork with California Raisins
Submitted by: Alex Ong
A sweet and savory rice bowl.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ounce thinly sliced Chinese cured pork
- 1 tablespoon California golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon California natural raisins
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon preserved mustard, minced (Cha Choy)
- 1 cup flowering garlic chives, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Heat wok over high heat, add oil and heat to very hot; quickly stir fry along with pork slices. Add raisins, ginger, preserved mustard, and chives; toss and fry until heated through. Move to the side and deglaze wok with soy sauce and rice wine. Add sugar and caramelize; finish with sesame oil and combine with pork and raisins. Serve immediately over steamed jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 560 (59% from fat); Total Fat 37g (sat 4g, mono 20g, poly 11g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 45mg; Protein 25g; Carbohydrate 26g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 18g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 2160mg; Calcium 79mg; Potassium 612mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.