- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 orange
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 to 8 allspice berries
- 12 fennel seeds
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon crushed red chile flakes (optional)
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro sprigs
Preheat the oven to 350°F.Heat olive oil in a hot skillet. Sear chicken breasts on both sides till lightly brown. Transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish and arrange in a single layer. Set aside.Zest orange and roughly chop the zest; reserve. Peel, section and seed the orange. Roughly chop and reserve.Clean skillet. Heat butter over medium-high heat until melted and sizzling. Add orange zest and sauté until fragant. Stir in garlic and sauté until lightly cooked. Add onions, allspice, fennel and raisins; sauté until onions are lightly cooked. Add salt and chopped orange sections and heat through.
Spoon this mixture over chicken breasts and sprinkle with crushed red chile flakes and cilantro sprigs. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve hot.
Place the casserole with the chicken breasts in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken breasts are done.