California Raisin Multigrain Bread
|Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g|
|Whole wheat flour||40||0.70||20||18.2||0.70||20|
|Soy flour, fine||29||0.35||10||9.1||0.35||10|
|California raisin paste||13.3||0.28||8||7.3||0.28||8|
|Ascorbic Acid||50 ppm|
|Malted wheat flakes||8||0.14||4||3.6||0.14||4|
|White quinoa seeds||8||0.14||4||3.6||0.14||4|
|Brown flax seeds||8||0.14||4||3.6||0.14||4|
|Water; for soaking grains||56||0.99||28||25.4||0.99||28|
- Combine all sponge ingredients and mix for 5 minutes on first speed in a vertical mixer.
- Allow dough to ferment for 4 hours at room temperature or 12 to 18 hours in refrigerator. Dough
- Measure raisins into a bowl and add water to cover; soak for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to stand for at least 1 hour longer.
- In a bowl, combine wheat flakes, oats, pearl barley and all seeds; add water and soak for at least 2 hours.
- Mix all ingredients except raisins and walnuts together for 3 minutes on first speed. Increase to second speed and mix for 6 minutes more, until the dough is well developed.
- Then, mix in raisins and walnuts for 1 minute on first speed. (Dough temperature should be at 26°C.)
- Allow to ferment for 90 minutes, punching down after 1 hour.
- Divide into 1 pound (500g) and 2.8 ounces (80g) pieces and round them. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Then, shape into small batards or rounds. Humidify and roll batards and rounds in sesame seeds; brushing off any excess seeds.
- Ferment for 60 minutes and bake at 220°C with steam.
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.