- Combine all sponge ingredients and mix for 5 minutes on first speed in a vertical mixer.
- Allow dough to ferment for 4 hours at room temperature or 12 to 18 hours in refrigerator. Dough
- Measure raisins into a bowl and add water to cover; soak for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to stand for at least 1 hour longer.
- In a bowl, combine wheat flakes, oats, pearl barley and all seeds; add water and soak for at least 2 hours.
- Mix all ingredients except raisins and walnuts together for 3 minutes on first speed. Increase to second speed and mix for 6 minutes more, until the dough is well developed.
- Then, mix in raisins and walnuts for 1 minute on first speed. (Dough temperature should be at 26°C.)
- Allow to ferment for 90 minutes, punching down after 1 hour.
- Divide into 1 pound (500g) and 2.8 ounces (80g) pieces and round them. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Then, shape into small batards or rounds. Humidify and roll batards and rounds in sesame seeds; brushing off any excess seeds.
- Ferment for 60 minutes and bake at 220°C with steam.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
European Bread with California Golden Raisins and Hazelnuts
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are all natural!