- Four (4) hours before mixing, combine water, yeast and cereal in 40-quart mixing bowl. Ferment for 4 hours.
- In another bowl, combine raisins with water to cover and soak for 5 minutes. Drain for 5 minutes and let stand for at least 1 hour more.
- Mix sponge, flour, yeast, salt and ground raisins on medium speed for 8 minutes. Let rest 20 minutes.
- With paddle, add and gently incorporate raisins and hazelnuts. Let dough rest 1 hour.
- Scale into 1 pound 11 ounce pieces and shape into rounds. Proof in proof box until 3/4 proofed.
- Remove rounds from proof box onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Score as desired and bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Sunflower and California Raisin Loaf
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Did you know raisins are a source of concentrated nutrients?