California Raisin-Apricot and Turkey Roulade
Rolls of turkey filled with dried fruit and served with a creamy sauce.
- 1 1/3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups turkey broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups California golden raisins, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 2/3 cups plain dry bread cubes
- 6 pounds boneless, skinless turkey thighs, trimmed of any fat
Creamy Mustard Sauce
In saucepan over medium heat, combine cornstarch, broth, mustard, honey and lemon juice. Cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and fold in mayonnaise. Hold for service.
Measure apricots and raisins into a small bowl and add boiling water to cover; let stand until plumped and soft, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
In saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine celery, onions, garlic and 1/2 to 1 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in apricots and raisins. Gently fold in bread cubes, until stuffing is moist but not sticky.
Pound turkey thighs with mallet to flattten to about 3/4-inch thick. Divide stuffing envenly among thighs and fold opposite sides of thigh meat over stuffing to encase completely; secure with metal skewers. Arrange seam-side down on lightly greased rack in baking pan. Roast at 325°F for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until 165°F in center.
To serve, remove skewers and thinly slice roulade. Spoon Creamy Mustard Sauce onto serving plates, divide and arrange roulade slices on top. Garnish with fresh herbs or green onions.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 330 (28% from fat); Total Fat 10g (sat 3g, mono 2g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 100mg; Protein 35g; Carbohydrate 24g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 12g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 260mg; Calcium 72mg; Potassium 517mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.